Turmeric is root that grows about 2 feet in length. The turmeric plant is about 3 feet long with funnel-shaped yellow flowers. Turmeric is bright yellow in color. It has an earthy aromatic and spicy fragrance with slightly bitter flavor. Turmeric is an important spice in India having great religious significance.
***Recent Turmeric News***
***Please take into consideration that this will not work for everyone and the research is ongoing***
Turmeric is used as remedy for the following common problems:
1. Apply the paste of turmeric and sesame oil on body to prevent eruptions.
2. To avoid any kind of skin problems apply turmeric paste before a bath.
3. To cure itching take roasted turmeric with jaggery.
4. To eliminate freckles and spots rub ground turmeric on stone with the help of water and then apply this paste on skin.
5. You can also make a paste of ground turmeric with milk of banyan or pipal and soak it overnight and then apply it for 1 hour before bath. This will help in removing freckles and also give glow to the face.
6. Make a pudding of 2 tsp flour with 1 tsp ghee and 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp sugar and 1 cup water and take this in the morning it will halp in curing Utricaria.
1. To get instant relief from acidity take turmeric powder and salt in equal quantity with warm water.
2. Taking curd or butter milk with turmeric after lunch cures digestive problems.
3. Grind 4 gms turmeric, 4 gms dried ginger, 2 gms black pepper and 2 gms cardomom and take this mixture after meals this will aid digestion and will eliminate flatulence.
LIVER PROTECTION: Turmeric help in minimizing liver damages caused by taking excess alcohol regularly or using pain-killer.
ARTHRITIS: Turmeric help relieve wound inflammation and in treating arthritis.
HEART PROTECTION: Turmeric helps in reducing cholesterol
MANY more benefits, these are just a few.
Imported from Fiji Island, High Quality Organic Turmeric
Bhanu Imports is one of the main distributor of Fresh Turmeric in Southern California
Turmeric contains compounds that have powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
Turmeric is used as coloring agent. It is used to color as well as flavor prepared pickles, relish, chutneys and rice dishes. Turmeric is combined with almost every dish in India. It is also combined in rice dishes. It is a very important ingredient of curry powders. It is also used in stews and curries
*Great for juice, face mask, cooking*